When is the Region D championship game played? What time as well? Thanks.
When is the Region D championship game played? What time as well? Thanks.
Not sure about the time but the game is on the 25th I think.
its a double header at UVA WISE so one game will follow the other time wise, no clue when the first one is though
Reeking of awesomeness!
It will only be played at UVA wise if the hosting team wants it played there. I know that if Haysi gets the the championship with first seed we sure won't want to play at UVA Wise. I recall Phil Robbins crying like a little girl last year because he had to come to haysi to play.
Nobody in Wise County ever wants to travel outside of Wise County if they can help it. I remember my senior year of golf when it was the BDD's turn to host regionals. No one in the LPD wanted to travel to Tazewell, so they had the site changed Lonesome Pine Country Club. I think Thomas Walker and maybe Rye Cove whined about the trip too, just to be fair to the LPD.
Sorry to bust the BDD districts bubble, but both Region D championship games wil be played at UVA-Wise on Nov 25th following the State finals format which would be Div 2 at 1:00 and the Div 1 game at 4:30. This was brought up by the Regions Football coaches and voted on by the Region D principals last January or Febuary and was passed on a 16-1 majority vote or 15-2. There won't be any moving of the games by any teams involved as it will follow this format for the next 4 years unless the new schools coming into the Region next year want to revote.
i am guessing your senior year in golf was the year LPCC hosted the state tournament. i mean since it was at the lpcc why not have regions there as well. BDD CHOSE to hgave it there because they didnt have a course within there district. it was either Tazwell which was at that time a mediocre dan hall or LPCC the nicest course in redion d
I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13
Bookmarks